River and the Boat Ferry



At the banks of Varanasi
asked a boat ferry
o river! you flow so happily?
ah! I go where I'm destined to be...


        "you flow day n night
        so tirelessly yet so calmly
       no time for joy, no time to merry?"
                       "you don't see my love as I flow well! that's the real tragedy..."


"they call you "poor solvent"
and still, you feel happy?
don't you get angry, don't you feel pain?"
              "tell'em my water is pure
               it absorbs their sins
               it hides every stain..."


       "hey! I don't mean sarcasm
       but "water water everywhere
       not a single drop to drink?"
                        "ask Coleridge to have faith
                         I got plenty of nectar to drink..."


said the boat ferry,
"they say the man is superior
he ferries on you?"
              "tell'em lord is superior
               he made me and he made you..."


      "excuse me! can I make a query?"
      "sure!" said the boat ferry...
      "man is so ignorant
      what forms his vanity?"
                      "the answer lies in the question itself..."
                       said the boat ferry...


"But what's there the harm
with a little bit of vanity?"
           "where there is vanity,
            there is no humanity!"


     "ah! you call humans fool
     and yet talk of humanity?"
                       "that's because I hate humans!
                        but I love humanity..."

       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Step-by-Step Guide to Performing Transcendental Meditation

Exclusive Business Cooperation Agreement

Five Best Vegetarian Foods From Kashmiri Cuisine